"Demonetization has drilled a big hole in my father's pockets. Well, you guys know that he owns a small scale textile industry where almost all the transactions are done in cash. Post demonetization, we have been running into losses. He even had to lay off some of his employees as he could not afford to pay them. It has been a terrible last few weeks." He gulps down a decent amount of second beer he has ordered and almost slams his beer mug against the table in anger while placing it.
Akshay likes drinking beer and feels no other drink can match a chilled beer. The four friends meet quite often for sharing their experiences and ofcourse the drinks. Vivek adds some ice cubes in his second peg of Blender's Pride and gives it a nice stir. "I feel sad for the problems that your father has had to encounter but I think he should start adopting cashless methods and that is going to be the only way of survival in the future in a cashless economy. Everything is going to be digitized."
"Old Monk Rum with Coke is the best combination ever. It is economical, tasty and ofcourse it gets you on a high rather quickly", says Rajesh rather assertively and with a sense of pride. "I haven't drunk for a year now, post marriage, as my wife doesn't like it. Now that she has gone to her hometown, I would want to finish the year's quota." He had already finished 4 pegs in about an hour's time.
Harish is a teetotaller and always carries the responsibility of dropping the drunken trio to their homes safely. Rajesh continues, "I am sorry guys I couldn't concentrate much on the last topic that you guys were discussing about. I heard something like demonization, yeah i have read some books on that before. That evil spirit, that black magic, that unending darkness. Everything is going to end..." Harish pays the bill using PAYTM and manages to carry Rajesh to the car while the other two were stable enough to walk by themselves. The car speeds along the roadway and the friends sing the song.
Thursday, 27 July 2017
The gang of four...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment