I am tree. I stand up tall on one leg and I am bonded tightly with the Earth. I have many friends and we all live as a family. Some of my friends are extremely tall whereas some are very broad. We all provide shade to all the humans and the animals, protecting them from the Sun by absorbing all the heat of the Sun-rays and covering them with our leaves. We absorb all the air which is harmful and release fresh air for all the living beings to breathe.
One of our great grand fathers is respected by all of us and we treat him as our god. It has been told in the stories that he once dropped an apple and the whole world changed because of that. It seems the apple fell near some human called Newton and he introduced some laws. Since then, there have been repeated attempts made by many trees for getting famous by dropping apples but nothing like that has ever happened. Some of the trees had intentionally dropped other fruits like grapes and oranges for a change, but again in vain.
I love the melodious singing of the birds and I like giving shelter to them by providing places for them to build their nests. I get tired during the summers and I lose my beauty as many of my leaves start turning from green to brown. As autumn begins, I shed my leaves and start feeling shy.
I like winter as I get to feel the cool winds caressing pleasantly on my branches and my leaves. I swing myself in joy, making it more pleasant for myself and all the others around me by intensifying the cool winds. Monkeys irritate me the most though, as they keep jumping in and out of my head.
But I am scared of buildings. It seems they are built by cutting down trees. I have heard from my friends through the sounds of their leaves that the end is coming soon for us too. These days I keep talking a lot of humor and all the happy moments I had, to myself and to all my friends to keep myself and my friends oblivious to the sense of fear.
Saturday, 21 May 2016
Please don't cut those lovely trees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment