It was another bright summer afternoon with the sun showing its mighty presence. We had a long walk back to the office after our lunch from the canteen and one of our colleagues was ecstatic after reading the weather forecast in his mobile phone which predicted heavy rains in the evening.
I found it hard to believe and thought to myself that it would be another one of those predictions going terribly wrong.
After the day's work, I boarded the office bus for my way back home.The cool winds were sneaking through the windows and caressing the skin, presenting a pleasant touch. After the bus reached half the distance, around 6:00pm in the evening, the sky was getting dark.
Within another few moments it almost turned black with dense clouds spreading all over as if a monster showing its ominous presence is getting ready for a feast. Another ten minutes and the rain started pouring down as if the seas are falling down from the skies. Within few minutes of rain, the streets were flooded. Driver stopped the bus, as if a sense of blindness had hit him. Nothing was visible through the windshield.
I opened the window and looked outside to check the intensity of rain and I felt the whole city is flowing away to some other location. After some wait, the bus started moving and I was getting ready to get down at the bus stop. I got down in the heavy rain and soon figured out there was no point waiting as it seemed there was no reason for the rain to stop. I ran home, stepping on the flowing waters which filled my shoes completely and fighting against the winds.
I was quite frustrated in the beginning and when I kept running, I was feeling the joy of the rains, a new change and a reason to celebrate.
Friday, 20 May 2016
The joy of rains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment